Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hello my name is Aileen and I have Autism

It's true, I was poor growing up. It's true, if I had access to insurance of any kind I probably would have been diagnosed a lot sooner. Do I regret not being diagnosed? Sometimes. Am I angry about it? Not anymore. I think that's part of the denial phase of diagnosis. Sometimes I blame the lack of diagnosis for all the mistakes I've made and the people I've hurt, but mostly for pushing God away. I realize it would be selfish of me not to forgive myself when God easily forgives me and that makes things so much easier on me. I don't think He wants me to dwell on the negative, but look at the positive and make my lemonade.

2 comments:

  1. I've felt the same way about avoiding all those problems growing up...but I had insurance but no one cared enough to get me help or even notice I wasn't 'normal'. I'm more mad at that than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of it is written off to personality types.

    ReplyDelete